TITLE: Route Driver
REPORTS TO: Distribution Manager
LOCATION: Kent, WA and Portland, OR
To conduct the movement of products efficiently, professionally and safely within the time frame allotted. Deliveries will vary from short distances to 12-hour runs with the DOT safety standards.
Summary of essential job functions
Delivery Key Job Responsibilities:
- Safely delivering loads at the specified delivery time without any product damage.
- Compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, local speed and traffic laws, and customer rules.
- Treating Customers and other motorists with courtesy and respect
- Communication with Supervisor and/or Manager for loading and any problems that you incur.
- When late on a delivery; a call is expected to Customer Service.
- Loading, unloading, and stocking of product upon delivery in a neat, efficient manner ensuring that product is rotated with the oldest code dates to the top and front.
- Inventorying products delivered at Customers to validate delivery invoice and getting required signatures for the products delivered.
- When picking up from Suppliers or Customers, you are required to inventory the products to validate the packing list, delivery invoice, and obtain the required signatures to accept the product picked up
Vehicle & Route Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintaining driver log book, if required by DOT.
- Pre/Ongoing/Post-trip inspections as required and as necessary.
- Maintain a clean truck and trailer through compliance with established cleaning procedures.
- Drivers are required ensure efficient, effective deliveries. This includes (but is not limited to) ensuring truck inventories are accurate, the truck stock is organized, delivery time is kept to a minimum, deliveries are made on time, all transactions are accounted for and accurate using the Hand Held units or appropriate Medosweet form.
- Log Route Miles to identify route enhancement efficiencies.
- Customer Key Job Responsibilities:
- Display a positive, customer service attitude to all Customers (external and internal).
- Follow-up on Customer requests promptly.
- Adjust Customer PAR’s as needed.
- Must exhibit professionalism in appearance and performance:
- No tank-tops, cutoffs or torn clothing, rubber soled shoes or boots must be worn.
- Company uniform is provided and must be worn, including coat and hat. Uniform must start out clean.
- Swearing, “Off – Color” language is not acceptable.
- Hair must be above the collar and neatly groomed. Facial hair must be uniform and neat not to exceed ¾ “. No body jewelry other than wedding bands and/or watches. This includes any earrings or other body piercings. Any tattoo deemed offensive must be covered.
Warehouse Interface & Inventory Accuracy Key Job Responsibilities:
- Filling-out, documenting, and turning-in of necessary paperwork and payments received from customers at the end of day.
- Delivery document must be complete, legible, accurate, and timely.
- Any Product required from the Warehouse must be coordinated with the Warehouse personnel and documented via the appropriate inventory adjustment transaction.
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL A or B) in your state of residence.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical exam.
- Pre-employment & subsequent random controlled substance (drug) tests must have negative test results.
Company and Physical Requirements:
1. Minimum age of 21.
2. Stable work history.
3. No DUI or reckless driving convictions or felony convictions.
4. No more than 2 moving violations, or combination of one highway “at fault” accident and 1 citation within the past three years. “At fault” accidents or citations in both personal and commercial vehicles are included
5. Must be able to pass pre-employment drive test
6. In-city driving skills required
7. Must be able to climb in and out of cab and truck or trailer several times a day
8. Prolonged sitting, up to 14 hours per day.
9. Performs pre/post-trip inspections, stooping, general bending and crouching.
10. Work schedule may include Saturdays and occasionally Sunday, early mornings, evenings, and holiday deliveries.
11. Must work outdoors in all weather and road conditions within safe driving standards.
12. Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs multiple times per day.
13. Must be able to handle the “hand trucks” (loaded with up to 300 lbs) up & down the truck loading ramps, curbs, and steps.
- All employees are required to go through required training seminars, programs, and classes to continually improve on their skills (on-going education) and knowledge.
- All employees are required to attend the quarterly safety meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.